Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Journey of no more shampoo....

Did I just say that to myself? 



I am no longer going to use shampoo or soap in my hair. I will allow the silicones and chemicals to dissipate in a ceremonial last HOO-RA! I threw a party. I did a dance, and went to my local health food store. I purchased organic with the mother apple cider vinegar. I purchased Baking soda. I also purchased some ginger root, dandelion root, burdock root, lavender buds and calendula.

I previously for the last few years trained my hair so that i only washed it once a week....Washing your hair strips the natural sebum and their for tricks your scalp into thinking it needs to make more to replace what you just striped off so you have to wash it soon again....Shampoo you tricky devil! My hair is curly, damaged and DRY!

I mixed up 2 cups of water and 2 tsp. of baking soda to 'wash' my hair, now washing your hair with something that doesn't bubble or foam plays tricks on your mind. You think to yourself...WTS this isn't going to clean my hair, but it did. You need to re balance your PH so I 'conditioned' with 2 cups of water and 2 tsp of ACV (apple cider vinegar). You think to yourself...this smells terrible...this is vinegar...this is cray cray. Its not. It works.

My hair feels good, Its soft and not crunchy. I have not used shampoo in 9 days! Can you go 9 days with no shampoo? Yes you can it just takes work! This is a journey and its not for the faint of heart. Next week I will be shampooing with egg! Stay tuned!

And just for funzies your asking yourself what is the mother referring to vinegar?

from wikipedia.org
Mother of vinegar[1] is a substance composed of a form of cellulose and acetic acid bacteria that develops on fermenting alcoholicliquids, which turns alcohol into acetic acid with the help of oxygen from the air. It is added to winecider, or other alcoholic liquids to produce vinegar. Mother of vinegar is also known as Mycoderma aceti, a New Latin expression, from the Greek μὑκης (fungus) plusδἐρμα (skin), and the Latin aceti (of the acid).[2]
Mother of vinegar can also form in store-bought vinegar if there is some non-fermented sugar and/or alcohol contained in the vinegar. This is more common in unpasteurized vinegar. While not appetizing in appearance, mother of vinegar is completely harmless and the surrounding vinegar does not have to be discarded because of it. It can be filtered out using a coffee filter, used to start a bottle of vinegar, or simply left in and ignored, or enjoyed.


HAHAHA! I mixed that sucker up and used it! Its SOOOOOO good for you!
I told you it wasn't for the faint of heart!

-Missie xo



No comments:

Post a Comment